Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Sixth Gun #6

Written by Cullen Bunn
Art by Brian Hurtt

I'm very excited to see that this title is going to have a life beyond this conclusion to the first arc.  With a title like The Sixth Gun, the sixth issue seems like such a natural place for the story to end, but I suppose that sales are good enough that Bunn and Hurtt are going to continue their tale in an on-going format.

This issue is almost entirely taken up by the battle between Sinclair and his friends with General Hume at The Maw, the General's place of power.  Over the last couple of issues, Sinclair has been collecting some of the mystical guns usually used by the General's men, so we get a great fight between the General's animated corpses and Sinclair's mud golems.

Each page of this issue is laid out in a double-page spread, which makes for a nice widescreen look to the fight scenes, helping emphasise their importance.  I think this book has the nicest looking work I've ever seen from Hurtt, and I feel that the story has really gelled nicely.  I know I'll be staying with this title for as long as it lasts, and encourage others to give it a chance if you aren't reading it already.

No comments: