Friday, November 12, 2010

BPRD Hell on Earth - New World #4

Written by Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
Art by Guy Davis

Four issues in to the new status quo, and things continue to be pretty interesting.  We get some idea of what has been making people in British Columbia disappear, while Johann and Panya continue to get weirder and weirder back at the home base.

Making the transition to reading this book on a monthly basis has caused me to reexamine it a little.  I love the group dynamics and sense that things could change at any moment, but I find that the chapters are shorter and quicker than I'd realized reading the book in trade.

I've never been a trade waiter by nature (too damn impatient), and while I like getting a more regular dose of this book, I do wish it would take a little more time to read each issue.

At the same time, in this one, Daimio goes wild, and Darryl makes a reappearance.  It's good stuff.

No comments: