Thursday, November 11, 2010

American Vampire #8

Written by Scott Snyder
Art by Rafael Albuquerque

This is the third part of the Las Vegas arc of American Vampire, and a whole lot of stuff gets explained, about the Vassals of the Morning Star, the identity of the creature that's been killing the presidents of the companies building the Hoover Dam, and just what Pearl's been up to since the end of the first arc.

I've enjoyed this comic since it started, but I think I'm enjoying it even more now that the preliminary work is out of the way and Scott Snyder is doing his own things with the characters.  Pearl has been a great character from the start, but I think her defense of Skinner Sweet helps add some nuance to her character.

As always, the art is absolutely fantastic in this title, and the fact that the price is soon going to be reduced to $2.99 should give it a better chance of life.  Strangely, for the second month in a row, the cover that was published is not the same as the cover that I bought, but for no apparent reason that I can discern.

No comments: